VISA RESIDENCE FOR PROPERTY INVESTORS
The legislation granting non-EU nationals the Spanish residency via property investments has now officially been made law.
The residency visa will:
- Initially entitle foreigners buying properties for €500.000 or more to stay in Spain for a maximum of one year.
- Entitle investors to obtain a further two-year Residency permit, renewable every 2 years as long as the investment threshold of €500,000 is maintained.
- Enable investors to travel without a visa within the 26 Schengen Country zone.
- Allow family re-unification. The spouse and children under 18 can apply for Residency too at the same time as or after the initial application.
- There is currently no minimum stay period in Spanish territory, but the holder of the Spanish Residence Permit must travel at least once to Spain during the period preceding each renewal.
Procedure, requirements and documents:
The application for the Residence Visa must be submitted to the competent consulate of Spain in the country where the foreigner lives and the following documentation will be needed:
- Photocopy of all pages of the passport.
- Not being found illegally on Spanish territory.
- Of adult age.
- Not having criminal records in Spain and the countries where the applicant has previously lived during five years.
- Not appear as objectionable in countries with which Spain has signed an agreement to that effect
- Proof of having public or private insurance authorized to operate in Spain.
- Having sufficient economic means to cover personal and family living expenses.
- If the family is being reunited, proving the family ties (marriage/birth certificates)
- Proving the ownership of one or more immovable properties in Spain with an overall net investment contribution above €500,000. Financing is possible for amounts in excess of €500,000. The proof of the investment must be made through a Registry of Property certificate attesting ownership. Or, if the ownership title is not yet registered, via a copy of the acquisition public deed and proof of filing the deed in the Registry.
- Proof of having paid the Visa´s fee.
The investor visa application will be studied and solved in 10 working days.
Please fill out your contact details and our specialized lawyer will contact you for further communication with you regarding your application and/or any further queries and information you may need.